This is my second time doing the ORC. Last fall we did our laundry room and this spring we decided to use the challenge as motivation to enhance our curb appeal! This is one of the projects on my 2016 home goals list and I am ready to get it done. The first week I shared our plans and inspiration and the second week we had made some progress. The third week we managed to get the columns framed out so they didn't look so wimpy and got the board and batten shutters made.
With only 2 weeks to go the pressure is now on! I had hoped to accomplish a lot this past weekend but this was somehow our least productive week so far. We had gotten to the point where choices HAD to be made and items purchased and I just couldn't seem to find the time to do it. We did get a coat of paint on the shutters and the columns over the weekend, but that coat only emphasized the fact that we hadn't caulked or filled the screws on the columns at all! So after work on Tuesday the hubs managed to get out and get some wood putty in them. Now they are all polka dotted waiting on the time for another coat of paint.
We also got our new lights ordered and our hanging chair. Thank goodness for Amazon Prime because they came in last night! We have a short weekend coming up because of some plans but hopefully we can get another coat of paint on the columns and shutters, get the new lights up, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can get the new front door up! I really like how the lights and the door reference each other with the 9 lite grid!