Thursday, January 5, 2017

2017 Home Goals

So, last year saw us get some things accomplished that hadn't been in the original plans, I'm looking at you floors, but we also didn't accomplish many of the things we thought we wanted done by 2017.  And you know what?  That's OK.  The floors were probably the best thing we could have done for our home, even if it did derail some other things.

That being said, this year I want to try to get a few more rooms finished.  The kitchen has been taunting me for a good year and a half now!  So have the bathrooms.  And some rooms really need so little done that I don't know why we can't get to them.

So, on the agenda for this year:

First up, we have got to get the garage organized.  When we bought the house an attached garage was a priority.  And not just so we had storage space.  We both knew that we wanted to park both cars in there.  And while we have accomplished that for the most part for the entire time we have been here (every now and then a project forces one car into the driveway for a few days), the tools, lumber, and toys are just thrown in there with no rhyme or reason.


I really, really, really want to get a makeover done on the kitchen this year.  Ultimately we may want to do something bigger but if I don't get some paint and open shelving in there this year I may lose it!
via
We bought some sconces for the dining room just before Christmas that I would like to get installed along with a new ceiling light for the foyer and the hallway.

The hall bathroom, otherwise known as the kids' bathroom, needs the vanity to be painted along with a new light fixture and shower curtain.  Maybe some new accessories.

via
I also want to get the master bathroom finished.  With the new paint on the walls, and the vanity painted.  Some new hardware and art.


When we get that done I also want to freshen up our master bedroom and get a new closet system in,  It's a mess in there.

The big projects will probably be outside this year.  My mom gifted us some money towards a fence this Christmas so I would like to get that up.  Along with that maybe some cohesive landscaping.  And I would really like to have an enlarged patio and pergola out back in time for summer.

via
I guess we will see what actually gets accomplished!  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment