Thursday, October 13, 2016

One Room Challenge - Operation Bigger Boy Room Week 2


Hurricane Mathew spared us but we were without a lot of basic amenities (power, water, phone, internet) for the past almost week.  Thankfully all but the internet have been restored to our house, and thankfully I put most of this post together last week.  My thoughts are with anyone who was affected by it and I am so thankful that Savannah was not damaged any worse  than it was.  Now onto our regularly scheduled programming.

Yay!  It's that time again!  Linda, from Calling It Home, is once again hosting the One Room Challenge.  This is a platform allowing us all to follow along as 20 design bloggers redesign a space on a tight time frame.  She also graciously allows anyone with a blog to link up and share a makeover we complete during the 6 weeks.

This is my third time participating in the ORC.  Last fall we redid our laundry room and in the spring we redid our front porch.  This time around we are going to be working on getting our 5 year old's room more worthy of being called a big boy room.  We went ahead and installed new flooring in the room the weekend before week 1 which is good because this week has been a wash thanks to Hurricane Mathew.  So instead of progress shots of any kind here is some inspiration for the room.


I love the orange and blue color scheme here, I think we will probably use less of the orange but I am digging the masculine vibe.  And the stripes.

via

This room has such a traditional feel and I love the vintage feel of the furniture as well as the unmatched look of it.

via

I love EVERYTHING about this room.  This has been one of my inspirations for the room for so long.  I love the beds, the unmatched feel of the furnishings, the bamboo shades and curtain combo, the gallery feel of the art, and think it feels masculine and like it could grow with our son without being too sophisticated for him now.

via

This is my son's favorite.  I think he likes all the blue and also the stripes.  I have a feeling he is responding to the pops of orange as well.

via


Our plan is to keep the existing furniture in the room.  His spool beds were bought when he was about 6 months old and at least one has been in his room ever since.  I love them and the vintage vibe they have.  We will be keeping his dressers too because they have sentimental value, one was his dad's and one was his great-grandfather's.  We are going to put some wall sconces up over his beds and rearrange his art along with adding some new, and we need to figure out some better book storage.  Toy organization is a huge need as I don't really know how to manage all the Hot Wheels and track well, I have some ideas up my sleeve though.



Next week I hope that we have had a chance to order the things we need, this lack of internet is bringing me down!!!!  In the meantime I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to in the last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment