Thursday, January 11, 2018

2018 Home Goals

I feel like each year I am just copying and pasting from the year before, even though I know we did accomplish some things last year, but things just happen slowly around here.  Sometimes that's good because it gives me plenty of time to think things through before they happen, and sometimes it makes me crazy because I would like to have the house be done.  Even though I also know that it will never really be done.

Anyway, some of the rooms I would like to spend some time on this year are:

The Kitchen:

This room hasn't been touched really since we moved in and it really bothers me.  The walls are painted a really bad yellowy beige that even the previous owners acknowledged was bad.  The cabinets are standard 90's era oak, and while they are nice and sturdy, the wood isn't doing anything for me.  So paint is headed their way too.  And some of the wall cabinets will be coming down and open shelving going up, and some tile on the floor.  New lighting and a new hood will complete it.  It really will just be some lipstick on the pig but that's ok for now.  The counter tops are an innocuous Formica that really doesn't bother me much so they will stay.  They are also really easy to clean marker off of which is handy while the kids are young.

via

via


The man cave is going to get some love too.  When we moved in we built a desk out there, moved my husband's car display case out, and called it a day.  I want to give it a little refresh with some paint, and because it is a sun room add some curtains.  Not a lot but I want it to feel more considered.  Kind of like this room.

Apartment therapy

Over the Christmas break we installed some sconces in the dining room and now I want to add some molding beneath the chair rail, add some art, and maybe repaint.  Love this room by Mark D. Sikes.



I would like to spend some time on the master bedroom, with some new bedding and building a new bookcase.  Maybe painting our nightstands, just putting a little effort into it.  I love this room by Dana Miller.  



There are probably more things that I will work on throughout the year but I do like having a little bit of a plan going into it!







No comments:

Post a Comment