Thursday, September 17, 2015

Next up

We enter our house usually through the garage, where we park, into a mudroom/laundry room/pantry. We also store the litter box in there and so want some kind of design that will hide that a little more. It is a good size room but needs a makeover.  The room is an 8 by 11 box with a pantry closet built out into it.  The door to the kitchen opens right into the pantry door which is incredibly frustrating, and the pantry is small and has a lot of unusable nooks because of the closet walls.

A while back I came across this image:

via
I thought it was possible that this could be the solution we were looking for in regards to the pantry situation.  Of course, Emily's whole butler's pantry is gorgeous!  The hubs liked the idea of maintaining some closed storage so we hit on the solution to install some drawer cabinets underneath shelving.  

We also have a front load washer and dryer that I want a counter top on for folding, kind of like at our first house.  



And we currently have a bathroom sink and vanity as a laundry sink which is kind of dinky for any real use.  I came across a new product at Home Depot the other day that I want to try.  I don't think they are in all the stores yet but they are basically very large format granite tile (18" x 31") for $9.99 a square foot.  I want to try using them around a bottom mount IKEA Domsjo sink on a skirted sink cabinet a lot like this (I figure I can store the litter box behind the skirt):

via


Also the sheet vinyl floor is a little dated, so when Lumber Liquidators was having a great sale we scooped up some wood look vinyl plank flooring at $.32 a square foot.  I think at that point I was channeling a little bit of Alison Giese also:

via


Anyway, we have a plan and so now we just have to find the time to pull it off between loads of laundry!



No comments:

Post a Comment