Thursday, June 29, 2017

Multi-tasking

So, we aren't done with the hall bathroom yet, but I have already moved on to thinking about our next project.  I really can't help myself, I don't know why.  But, we found a good deal on some outdoor dining chairs and had a gift card so we went ahead and got them.  But now I can't stop planning out the changes I want to make to our patio.  It will really have to wait a bit, both for finances and for the weather to cool off, but at some point I want to redo the existing patio and extend it over a little further so we have both dining space and relaxing space.

I love the casual, french countryside look of pea gravel so I am thinking of outlining the patios with cobblestones or brick with a trellis pattern through it, infilled with some form of aggregate.

via


via

via

via


We just got some metal cafe style chairs and I want the hubs to build a farmhouse style table to pair with them.  Ideally with a tabby or concrete top but we will see.  And one day adding a pergola over this area.

via

via

via


Then for the area that is currently already patio (which we would redo also because the pavers are awful) we would create a sitting area, maybe with a simple, movable firepit.

via

via

via


One day we may get to all of this but for now I will just have to dream!

2 comments:

  1. That last pic gives me alllll the heart eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love the cauldron turned firepit!

      Delete