Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Living Room - Pulling it Together

So, now that we have the living room painted it's time to get the room finished.  That was one of the last big things to do in there (other than replacing the floors) but now it's just a matter of time and budget to finish it up.  I am really trying to give it a breezy, cottage feel.  The walls turned out a little lighter and brighter than I expected, even after having samples on multiple walls for a year, but that really isn't a bad thing since the hubs thought the sample color was going to be too dark.  We still need to get some art on the walls, some new drapes, and I really want to upholster our coffee table.  I'm thinking navy and white with some orangey, coral accents, I like the idea of color but I'm not sure how much I like the reality of a lot of color.  Here is some of my inspiration, I have been collecting these images for awhile and some I can't remember where I got them but I do seem to like a certain era of Southern Living.

via

Anne Turner Carroll for Southern Living


Haskell Harris' home in Southern Living


Beneath My Heart

Forever Cottage



bhg via



Hopefully I will be able to get the room "finished" soon so that I can move on to something else but we all know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment