Thursday, February 1, 2018

Home Again

I am not really big into movies.  I enjoy them occasionally, but I'd rather be reading a book.  And once we had kids I noticed that I almost resent the time commitment a movie (or ongoing TV series) requires.  That being said, over Christmas break I was sick and spent quite a bit of time laying on the sofa.  One evening, after I had exhausted all of the episodes of Law & Order SVU that Netflix has, I watched The Holiday.  Jude Law, mmmmmm.  And I love Kate Winslet's character's cottage.  Which got me thinking about Nancy Meyer's films in general.  Cause I know that EVERYONE loves them.  And their interior scenes!  And of course the set of Home Again, a collaboration between Nancy Meyers and her daughter Hallie Meyers Shyer, is just as good as the rest, and I'm offering nothing new to the conversation.  But, it's clear the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in the Meyers family!

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

I love how feminine the home feels, and look at the terra cotta floors!  It reminds me of some of my old issues of Cottage Living.  The whole home has such a warm feel, it plays well with the Spanish Revival architecture.  And I think that cool colors have reigned for so long but  warmer tones are going to be enjoying a little Renaissance for a bit.  So, so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment