Thursday, June 9, 2016

Thrift Scores


Before we had kids I was an avid thrifter and would spend many a Saturday at the antique mall or junk shop.  Kids kind of changed the game plan though and when they were really small I had little to no time to go junkin'.  Most shopping was done online because that was fastest and easiest.  Lately though, as they have gotten older, I have manged to carve out more free time for myself.  I went to one of my favorite antique malls a couple of times on my lunch break recently, and last Saturday I made it to Goodwill during nap time!  Here's my score, 





This blue and white lamp was too cute and I couldn't pass it up, it is currently enlightening a dark corner on my kitchen counter.



This set of blue willow dishes,  there are 8 cups and saucers, and 8 dessert plates.  I love them and they will look great on our open shelves when we get our kitchen makeover done.  



I don't know where I am going to use this bamboo tray but I am sure I will find a use for it somewhere!  It would look great on a console or buffet styled up with our liquor and mixers but it will probably never get used in that way since we have a super nifty bar cabinet.


And those cookies, those are Deb's confetti cookies.  The kids and I made those and they are delicious!  Seriously listen to her though when she says to take them out when you think they are still underdone!  I left mine in an extra 3 minutes or so on the first batch and the bottoms were caramelized from the melted sprinkles.  They weren't bad but the second batch that we took our right at 10 minutes was definitely better!  

I doubt I will get much in this weekend but I sure am glad that I am finding time to do fun things like thrifting and cooking again!  I guess at some point the kids will be old enough to join in on all the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment