Thursday, August 10, 2017

Reassessing the Situation

School has started back now and work has gotten busy, so house projects have kind of slowed.  Which is good because I also think we needed a break from them.  But I wanted to look back over what I had hoped to accomplish this year and re-evaluate.

At the beginning of the year I hoped to get the garage organized, a dining room revamp done, both bathrooms made over, the master bedroom refreshed and the closet organized, and get some things accomplished outdoors.

So far we have managed to get both bathrooms redone.




And the master bedroom closet has been completely redone.



We also did a mini makeover in the foyer.



Going forward I am going to give our bedroom a little love this year.  I'm hoping the hubs can build us a new bookcase for paperback storage, we need some new hampers since the closet makeover, and I want to change out the bedding and work on some art.  Nothing big but hopefully it will all make the room feel more cohesive and not like an afterthought.

Trad Home via


I'm also hoping to do a very, very minor refresh in our daughter's room.  She has wanted a chair in her room since last November's ORC when we redid her brother's room.  We also have a dresser in there that doesn't see much use and she needs more (or better) toy storage so I am hoping to swap something out there.  I also think we may switch out some of the art in there to better reflect her.  What's in there now is stuff from my single girl apartments.

via

The dining room still needs to happen.  We have sconces in storage until my father-in-law can come help the hubs figure out the electrical situation in there.  And I hope to add some paneled wainscoting in there around the same time.

via


And the KITCHEN!  I really, really, really need for something to happen in there.  We have a large eat-in portion that we utilize more as a hang out and office space.  At one point I had things under control in there but it has gotten BAAAAAD again.  I'm hoping the hubs will build me some little freestanding cabinets to flank the desk area and store office and craft supplies.

via


The outdoor stuff will most likely be pushed off until spring because this list will take the rest of the year I believe.  So here we go!




No comments:

Post a Comment