Thursday, August 3, 2017

Southern Living Cottages

Southern Living has really been hitting it out of the park this year with the small space makeovers.  Two of my favorites were super small cottages built as accessory buildings to main homes.

First up, a 660 square foot cottage.  All photos from Southern Living.






Then there was the 800 square foot, more formal cottage.  Again, all photos from Southern Living.












I love these cottages so much.  I love the idea of their size even though that wouldn't work for our family at this point in our lives.  But they are just so simple and cozy that it seems like there would be nothing to stress over.  I aspire to that feeling in my home as well.  I guess I better start purging and decluttering!

2 comments:

  1. Yes... inspiration for our house! thank you for this post and all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I would so go small if we could get rid of more of our stuff! I'm not entirely sure your brother or niece and nephew are on board though!

      Delete