Thursday, August 17, 2017

Sweet Dreams

So, our little girl has developed a bit of a sleep problem.  After sleeping just fine in her own room for the last 3+ years she has recently taken to coming into our room in the middle of the night because of bad dreams.  This is taking a toll on my sleep so I asked her what would help her stay in her room all night.

When we redid her brother's room last fall she was quite put out that he got a chair in his room.  Since then she has been requesting one, which is fine because I have had one in storage for awhile that I intended to redo and put in her room.  She told me that if she had a pink and purple chair in her room she would sleep all night so over the weekend we went to the fabric store to pick out some fabric to reupholster it with.  She immediately zeroed in on a narrow pink and white stripe fabric so the plan now is to paint the caning and wooden frame of the chair purple and recover the nasty, old green velvet with the pink and white stripe.  I also found a remnant of a beautiful embroidered coral fabric that I hope to make some pillows of.  And we are going to get some new art in the room.  Some inspiration:

via

via

Phoebe Howard

via

via


Hopefully all of this will succeed in helping her stay in her room all night so momma can get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment