Thursday, November 26, 2015

Giving Thanks

In this time of instant gratification in the form of Pinterest, and Intagram, and blogs, I wanted to take a moment to give thanks for all of my blessings including my unfinished and dated home.  It is so easy to get caught up in wanting everything to be beautiful and perfect right now and to forget that just the state of owning or even having a home is a blessing not enjoyed by everyone.


Yes, it would be nice to have all my rooms be organized and beautifully decorated but instead I have 2 beautiful children that I want to provide the best for, a wonderful husband who is willing to go along with most of my harebrained schemes, a healthy family including 2 sets of grandparents to my children, who are willing and able to spend time with them, a home big enough for all of us to be comfortable, and enough money to care for us all.


I want to try to take this whole holiday season to remember that we are not judged by how beautifully our home is designed, our families are going to be more affected by the feeling in our home.  No one will know nor should they care, whether your chandelier came from Circa, Pottery Barn, Lowe's, or even the local Restore.  Let's all take the time and energy we could spend on renovating and decorating and spend it on building the important things.  I hope our children will remember growing up in a nice home, but most importantly I want them to remember having a comfortable home and to cultivate in them an attitude of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment