Thursday, November 9, 2017

When More is More

So, I have written before about how much I like simple spaces and that the call of minimalism is strong.  Probably because I have two kids who do not hear the siren song of fewer things and simplicity.  They want MORE and BIGGER and LOUDER and ALL THE TOYS!  As I believe most kids do.  And in all honesty, they probably come by it honestly, since despite my many professions of love for restrained design, I also tend to lean towards a highly layered look.  In my house it frequently translates as clutter, but when done well maximalism can create a very rich and eclectic look.

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via


It's a fine line but it sure can create a magical effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment