Thursday, November 3, 2016

One Room Challenge - Operation Bigger Boy Room Week 5

Hope everyone had a safe and sugar filled Halloween.  Ours was pretty low key with just some trick or treating on the night itself, but I did manage to convince my 3 year old to wear my old Strawberry Shortcake costume rather than the Cinderella one she wanted to wear.  Poor girl, next year she gets to be whatever she wants to be.  But, onto other things.

It is once again time for the One Room Challenge!  Twice a year Linda, from Calling It Home,  hosts this design frenzy, where 20 design bloggers redesign a space on a tight time frame.  She also graciously allows anyone with a blog to link up and share a makeover we complete during the 6 weeks.

This is my third time participating in the ORC.  Last fall we redid our laundry room and in the spring we redid our front porch.  This time around we are working on getting our 5 year old's room more worthy of being called a big boy room.  Week 1 I shared the before photos as well as what the space looked like with its new flooring.  Week 2 was all about the inspiration.  Week 3 I discussed some organizational plans and Week 4 was all about the bedding and how well the new Hot Wheels® track storage was working.

This past weekend was spent spray painting toy and book storage and framing art.  We did manage to get all of the old artwork down so that we could figure out a new layout that would maximize the symmetry we have going on in the room.  We are getting rid of some of the more babyish stuff and bringing in some more mature artwork.  We also figured out placement of the new sconces for over his beds, and he loves his new "lanterns".






The room is coming together but we still have our work cut out for us if we want to be finished in time!  I'm off now to check out the progress everyone else has made!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle. I love all the artwork! I cannot show this to my little one (4yrs) because he recently told me, "mommy my room needs some new things. Everything is old now." lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Delia! That is so terrible and wonderful all at the same time. Isn't it too funny what they get from us?!?

      Delete
  2. I love the artwork! It's hilarious! Stomp it out. My kids would love those! (Probably my husband too...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure you realize my husband helped with the choices!

      Delete
  3. Looking good Danielle! Can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! The end is in sight! Good luck to you!

      Delete